Sunday, October 5, 2014

My Story - Photography by Jennifer Star

My Story
 
 
I was born on Easter Day in the 1970's, a blessed day.
On that Easter it was snowing in New England.
Life was good, our family grew and I had a new little brother 11 months later, we would be Irish twins and he would be my very best friend.
 
 
At the age of 5 I received my First Holy Communion at St. Joseph's Church Massachusetts.
I still remember the day as if it was yesterday, I wore the most perfect dress, that I still have framed, and all my family was there.  Before the start of the sacrament we all had breakfast, breakfast with all my best friends from school.  And I walked down with my best friend Brian.
 
 
 
 

Growing up I fell in love with art and started studying commercial arts at a Technical high school, then Advertising Art and Design in College.  I often found playing with different works of art media, and soon I took up photography.
I picked up my first SLR in my early twenties and started learning how to take photographs.
I had so much fun, and went through a lot of film.
My dream was to be an artist. 
 
 I lost my best friend in the world, I lost my little brother at the age of 29 to cancer.
It was the most hardest thing I ever had to go through. A part of me died that day, and still to this day a piece of me is missing. He was my other half.
 
A year later I met my now husband Richard.  We quickly fell in love, and we wanted a family but not raise them in the city.  We left our homes in Massachusetts in order to give our family the best life we can give them.  We bought our first home in New Hampshire.
In 2004 we married.

Our Beautiful Children 
  We picked the perfect town to raise our children, made wonderful friends and got involved with the Scouts of Epping and became members of our beautiful church St. Joseph's Parish in Epping, NH.
 
My husband became Catholic and we renewed our vows with our Father, Father Von.  My little Christopher received his First Communion the same year, as well as my husband who became Catholic at the Easter Vigil.

As my new wonderful life began so did my art.  I never stopped creating, but with my family and the joys life brought me I was able to realize I love my art, instead of hiding them in a drawer or just taking photo's of my family, why not share it with everyone?
our family taken 2006 by me
I started selling my Homemade Gifts online with Etsy and Craft Fairs and started my Photography Sessions to the public.
I didn't want to get rich off my art, but I want to share what I create.  I am always creating and I can't keep it for my self.  So I sell my crafts at a low cost and offer photography sessions at a reasonable rate. 
My Children: 
I want my children know how much I love them, I will hug and kiss them and tell them how much I love them everyday.  I want them to never have to experience anything but love and happiness.


This is my little one enjoy time with family and friends on a hike in NH. 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment